Wednesday 21 July 2010

#24 Buttons the Bear


Hi everyone. For this week’s Challenge at I ♥ Promarkers we are asking you all to use buttons on your card - as well as using your Promarker pens to colour your image in of course! So go and raid your stash or seek out your local haberdashery or wool shop for inspiration. Failing that, how about making your own buttons to adorn your project. It could be that like me, all your local wool shops and haberdashers have closed their doors for good. :(

As for my card, the white cardstock is a gorgeous textured one with a ‘weave’ but I have added embossed circles randomly to it. This echoes the red and white dotty one chosen to run horizontally which was a freebie from ‘Cardmakers and Papercraft’. The trouble with beautifully white card is that it doesn’t show the embossing off very well in photos, but I hope that you can still manage to see it.

As for the image, the drying teddy is also a freebie, this time from Sassy Cheryl over at PCP, but I have added an extra tiny button nose to him to continue the theme. The ‘washing lines’ down the side were made from the plastic ‘wires’ that girls had a craze plaiting a while back – at least I think that is what they did with them (LOL) and added a couple of tiny red pegs for good measure from my stash. The plastic washing lines were secured (somewhat reluctantly I must add!!!) into place using silicone glue, as were the pegs. Could I find a big red button anywhere! Still, where there is a will, there’s a way so they say, so I drew around my big black button (not used as in my view it just seemed too dark and heavy on the card - and besides, I wanted a red one, LOL), so I coloured my drawn circle in with my Promarkers and sewed black thread into the two holes created with my Crop-a -Dile.

Hope you all like it - and do join us with your own creation, as the prize is from Simon Says Stamp this week, and I look forward to visiting your blogs.….........P.S. Don’t forget to use your Promarkers! :)

I am entering this card for a couple of challenges myself:

Stamp Challenges – digi image

Papertake – cute

Gingersnaps – marker pens – (I use Promarkers)

Allsorts – summer – (the weather has to be good to put your washing out! LOL. It isn’t here unfortunately.)

Bunny Zoe's– summer (…..as above LOL )

Sir Stampalot – how you spend your time in the summer (as above…..I don’t know about you, when the sun shines I wash everything that isn’t screwed down! LOL)

Tine :)

4 comments:

  1. Smashing and I love your image

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tine

    Your card is adorable, the simplicity of just red and white make it so striking.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts this week and Stampalot Chellenge this month and good luck.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this gorgeous card, I remember hanging my kids teddy like that on the line.Thanks for playing along at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tine,
    Your card is brilliant. I love the colour scheme and the great embellishments.
    Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete