Wednesday 6 October 2010

#35 Think Pink!


At I ♥ Promarkers this week we are supporting breast cancer awareness with a Think Pink theme and hope that you will join in with a pink card of your own. My card is somewhat overtly breast cancer themed, though yours doesn’t have to be – just a pink card will do. Our sponsor is Joanna Sheen this week too, so definitely worth winning!

I personally know four people who have battled, or are indeed still fighting, breast cancer so I really wanted to do this theme justice. I then totally threw myself into the challenge, & I mean totally! I drew the image myself, drawing a young woman wearing a pink ‘cancer support’ bangle before turning her into a digi design and printing her out onto card, colouring everything bar the dress, with Promarkers. I then cut out the dress area. (Why do I usually take a difficult route to anything?.....Still, it wouldn’t be me now would it, if I didn’t! LOL)

To create the dress I made my own stripey paper before cutting it into strips so that I could iris fold a ‘target area’, (well, I hope it looks like a target! LOL.) Now I know that this dress is not pure iris folding, but I didn’t want the ‘iris’ part. It would also be rather difficult to create a full dart board-like target without a bit of paper manipulation. It took a bit of construction to get something like the effect I wanted. Having secured the iris folded elements, I then cut out my image and matted it up, but in order to keep the iris folded part unobtrusive, I gutted the mats immediately behind the image so that the bulk would be hidden away.

I made my own flowers, going for a carnation like variety, edging the white one with a Promarker. The leaves though are from a Marianne Creatables die. The rest I am sure is pretty self-explanatory. Right good folk of blog land, I would really love it if you could join in with our ‘Think Pink!’ week, with a timely reminder to please keep yourself safe with a regular check. Why not browse to the other DT members’ blogs to see how they created their cards for this week’s challenge too? Having made your own cards, pop your pretty in pink creations (& don’t forget to use your Promarkers!), onto our challenge blog as I would love to be able to leave a comment on them - as I hope that you would leave one on mine if you like this card.

Take care,

Tine :)

Challenges I am entering this card into:

Crafty Cardmakers – no square cards

Creative Inspirations – get well soon (maybe not just ‘Get well’ here, as ‘Keep Well’ & ‘Keep fighting!’

CRAFT – fancy floral

Polka Doodles – fancy fold

Karber – digital image (drew, then digitised & printed off my own image)

Paper Sundaes – something from your stash (the ribbons & die)
Creative Craft - glamour puss .

17 comments:

  1. Another WOW Christine - love this card and those flowers are fab - no clue how you made them though hehe. Am looking forward to having ago at this challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow she certainly is glamorous, fabulous card hun,
    thanks for playing along at creative craft challenges,
    hugs sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card...love the way you did the dress and the target and the coloring is beautiful! The flowers are gorgesou too!
    Thanks for joinng us at CRAFT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are certainly right about her being a glamour puss, fab card and thanks for joining us at creative craft challenges. There's still time to try out for our design team and we have a load of fun in store for our anniversary challenge later this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tine! You've done us proud, girlfriend. :-) Not only is your digi FAB, but your coloring of her is exquisite and you can tell you put tons of love into her with the iris dress and the folded card, embellies etc. I think you really could start promoting your digis. You do excellent work and I don't use that word lightly as you know.lol
    oh hey! btw, thanks for joining us at Creative INspirations. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - great coloring here - just beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes and Creative Inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Tine and wonderful colouring! Thank you for sharing your card at CRAFT Challenge this week.
    Kathie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab Entry, thanks for joining Polkadoodles challenge, Good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have put such a lot of work into this glorious creation. The dress is really cool and I adored your flowers.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. First of all WOW WOW WOW! This is amazing! A great tribute. I must say, your thumbnail fooled me and I thought for sure it was a square card, but to my delight,,,,,it is not! It is a stunning creation! Perfect coloring! Great dress, wonderful flowers and so forth and so on! Simply marvelous! Thanks for NOT BEING SQUARE with us at Crafty Cardmakers this fortnight!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh this is really beautiful what a wonderful image and such super detail on this too
    ,bless you for playing at creative inspirations this week,love hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hiya Tine , How are you?

    Pleased to meet you,I am Casper.I am a girl,seems to be a little confusion as Casper was a boy Ghostie.

    Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog.


    Tine - YOUR CARD FOR BREAST CANCER CARE IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!

    I have never ever seen a card so wonderful in my life,the sheer volume of work you put in is above & beyond.As crafters we can drive ourselves nuts on certain projects but it was worth it!

    The design should be sold & taken up for sale on Breast cancer keyrings etc.

    Me sound like a bit of a nut myself all this raving about your card but I am totally blown away with it!My mouth dropped open when I saw it.

    My entry is Pink but sometimes I forget that it is Breast Cancer fund raising times.

    Can you enter more than once on the challenge,I want to make a card for Breast cancer & make it Pink.

    I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer in 2002 at age 34 years.I have been clear for 8 years now.
    I had an initial mastectomy & reconstruction in 2002.Have had various complications & infections.Had another mastectomy as a precaution,had both ovaries removed,have Lymphoedema in arms.But as your card says turn a negative into a positive!

    I am alive, what could be more positive than that!

    Take care
    Have a great weekend
    Big Hugs
    Casper
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic card and such a good cause too! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow... I'm speechless... Good job and for such a great cause ! Thanks for playing in our Paper Sundaes Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think I'm speechless too. The card is gorgeous and definitely for a really great cause.
    Thanks for sharing it with us for the Polka Doodles Fancy Folding challenge.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card hun!Thanks for joining us over at creative Inspirations this week.Hope to see you sunday with anew challenge .
    Good luck
    judex

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very Pretty! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations.Hope to see you again on a new challenge.
    Hugs, Irene

    ReplyDelete