Hi. For my card today I am using a free digi from Inger Harding called ‘Hello My Friend’, rather apt I thought, considering I was working on the theme suggested by Passion for Promarkers, that of Best Friends. As a single image, this obviously would not work for the theme - but multiply her by two and “voila!” you have a conversation….but placing the girls side by side would be far too boring. This is when the ‘digi plus’ side of the card kicks into effect, the theme suggested by Crafty Cardmakers this week.
I had already participated in the ‘free digi’ theme the week before but this card is a step beyond that. Now, I could have actually merged two images of the girl on the phone but decided against that as if the two could actually touch, then why would they need to phone one another? LOL. Instead I chose to reverse one of the images and positioned it lower and off to the side of the first. Needless to say, I coloured my images with Promarkers. Anyone who knows me would expect nothing less! Mind you, colouring wayward strands of hair with Promarkers can be very taxing! The next part of my ‘digi card’ construction was to use free papers available as a download from Cardmaking and Papercraft. As digis, they are able to be manipulated and resized, keeping various elements proportionate, surely also qualifying for the ‘plus’ element Crafty Cardmakers were looking for. The girls’ co-ordinating dresses were paper-pieced. The red spotted paper was one of the actual papers, but to get a matching green version I had to alter the colour of the digi paper using a graphics program. Once all cut out and stuck down, the dresses’ shading was then done with Promarkers too.
Using the sketch suggested by CLP which tied in nicely with my chosen images, I completed the square card, adding a ‘cord’ to the phones to show they are actually chatting to each other. The phone wire is exactly that, a thin wire (I used fuse wire as my craft wire was a little too thick), and it was coiled around my ‘pokey-tool’ to create the old-fashioned kind of ‘phone wire and a hole made into either end of the girls’ handsets for it to go into. I also poked the wire in and out of the blonde girl’s fingers to look as if she was playing with the wire…and this also helps to secure the wire onto the card at that point. I kept the mats and layers fairly minimal hoping to get across a young and carefree feel to the card.
Hope you all like the finished result!
The recipe for this card came from the following Challenges: