Wednesday 7 July 2010

Bubble blower


Over at I Love Promarkers, the theme this week is ‘Distress’ so to the black base of my card today I have added a somewhat ‘abused’ papers. LOL. The first paper printed from the Artylicious ‘Damask Delights’ CD by Glenda Waterworth was chosen for its blend of tones. The edges were then stamped in black about 1cm deep using a floral stamp from Anna Griffin before the very edge was distressed. Two rectangles of Core’dinations Black Magic Potion No.9 were scrunched up and then sanded for an antiqued effect next, before being sewn with pink thread onto the main card.

The girl blowing her bubble gum is a digi image from Sassy Cheryl and I did of course, colour her with my Promarkers. She has a mat of black card to match the base and a peachy patterned one also taken from ‘Damask Delights’. A few weeks ago I made a card with a circle frame covered with ribbon and thought I would do it again for this card too. I chose a gorgeous pink satin ribbon on this occasion. Not too distressed I know, but I think it emphasises the distressing elsewhere with its shine – well, I hope it does anyway! LOL. That is my theory, and I’m sticking to it. LOL.

Do join in our Challenge this week, we would love to see your creations -and don’t forget to use your Promarkers folks! I was sooooo delighted when Karen asked me to join them as a permanent member of the DT!!!! I just know that I am going to love it.

I shall also enter this card for a couple of Challenges elsewhere:
Colour Create – baby pink, peach and black (optional lace/tulle)

Digi-Doodle – circles & dots

Prairie Fairy – anything goes

Paperplay – child/teenager.

Tine :)

14 comments:

  1. This is lovely love the pinks and blacks.Thanks for sharing with us at Digi Doodles shops best challenge hugs Pascale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully coloured image, love the colours and the ring is really clever. Thanks for joining in with us on DDSB

    Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your project is delightful! I love, love, love the circle frame! I am soooo glad you went round in circles and got dotty with us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best! Good Luck!
    KymKreates

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great card! The ribbon circle gives it a very original look! I have this image myslef, but havent ever "inked her up" I must get around to it! Thanks for joining in with PaperPlay Challenges this week and good luck!
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant card, this really made me laugh out loud, how many times have we all been this little girl and her bubble gum? This image is adorable and I need to check out Sassy Cheryl stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh what a very nice card! I so love your coloring on this. It's really very pretty! Thank you so much for entering this in our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

    Hugs
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Christine, love the cute image and your ribbon frame looks fabulous.
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Play
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a clever idea using this big circle on our challenge and on Paperplay too..this is really great card for teenager or child...thanks for joining our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.Hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tine, This seems strange..... lol, your card is lovely, but I've already said that..... lol, thanks for joining us at Digi Doodles Shops Best.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH how cute is this! Love the papers and your design! Thanks for joining us at Fairy Fun Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card and love what you've done with the image!!! Thanks for playing along with the Digi Doodle Shop's Best!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous! LOVE your circle idea. And perfect job coloring your image!
    DDSB Hugs
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  13. So lovely! Thanks for playing along with us this week at DDSB! :)

    -Jo:)
    http://joboogie.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow I love what you did with the ribbon, stunning work Tine...the image is fabulous now Im off to look at them...thanks for joining in with the Colour Create challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete