Sunday 25 July 2010

Helen





Challenges: ABC – zig-zag

Friday Sketchers – design sketch #112

Mo’s – paper piecing

Scrappy Frogs – girly (well, it’s a pink card!!!)

Pollycraft – birthday card.

Hello everyone, and the card I have created today is especially for my friend, Helen. We have been friends since we met at school aged 11, and although now live in different parts of the country, and communicate mainly by email, our friendship still remains firm. It is for her birthday but I am making it nice and early as I don't want to leave it to the last minute.

I had been wanting to make a card with Mo’s wonderful drawing, ‘Checking FB’ for a while. When I saw that Mo’s challenge this week was for paper piecing I knew that was the image for me –and it has the added bonus of reminding me of Helen, though not entirely sure why! Think it’s the hair….. Anyway, I took two papers for the paper piecing elements, a plain pink one and a digi design from Tiddly Inks featuring circles, which I wanted for the dressing gown. Having coloured in my image on card with my Promarkers, I added the cut out paper clothes and added shading/texturing to them.

I used the layout from Friday Sketchers to dictate the front of the zig-zag card which was the requirement of ABC this week. The stripey background paper was also from Tiddly Inks, so worked well with the second background paper which was the same one as I used for the dressing gown on the image. I then mounted the layers with silver mirri, adding a flower, ribbon and gems all from my stash.

The sentiment on the front of the card was created especially for me by the ever-talented Paulette at TLC Creations knowing I was making a card for my friend using this particular Mo image. How cool is that!!!! If you are reading this Paulette, a thousand thanks again :). I then printed it onto a separate piece of card, adding the ‘On your birthday’ using my PC. I am going to hand-write the ‘To’and ‘From’ on the reverse, and this card now slots into a little pocket I made for it on one of the six sides of the zig-zag.

The reverse of the card has the 3 panels all similarly mounted, though each panel was treated slightly differently as you can see. The sentiment on the 3rd panel is yet another from TLC Creations which happens to feature the same fonts as the extra special one Paulette made for me, but is such a nice sentiment too I thought it might make a nice addition.

Well, hope you all like today’s card enough to leave a comment as you browse through the various blogs and I thank you in advance for them.

Tine :)

2 comments:

  1. I totally love this. Your colouring, as always, is superb.

    I've just printed her out, but not decided what to do with her yet. Great image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your coloring is fantastic here. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete