Wednesday 7 July 2010

Leah in Lilac


Challenges:
Sunday Sketch n Stamp – sketch

Paperplay – child/teenager

CRAFT – purple, green and gems

Creative Inspirations – on the move

Prairie Fairy – anything goes.

Hi all, and today’s card is a card with a difference -I drew the image myself. So when you get to the comment box please, please let me know what you think of it. I coloured it in with Promarkers to the colours chosen at C R A F T, adding extra patterns to her skirt and bag.

I chose to use a Daisy and Dandelion lilac paper with faux stitched swirls on it as the main backing paper. Once that was secured to the white card ground, I drew myself swirls into two corners and pricked through the design and then erased the pencil lines. Pricking it first made it easier to hand sew the light green thread with a plain running stitch to echo the lilac paper. A light green card mat is behind the image, at an angle as the sketch dictates and two lilac gems finish it off.

As I said, I would appreciate any comments and I thank you in advance for your feedback.

Tine :)

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Tine when I looked at your card, I presumed you had used a stamp - your drawing is brilliant! I love this colour combination and your colouring is wonderful! Fab stitching too.

    Thanks for joining us at PaperPlay this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant Tine, you clever thing. Wish I could draw.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW brilliant drawing - looks just like a stamp! Thanks for joining in this time at SS&S. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  4. When i looked at this card my first thought was 'thats a cool stamp, i wonder where its from' !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW your coloring is amazing, thanks for joining us at creative inspirations xx

    ReplyDelete