Saturday 28 September 2013

Blowing Snowflakes - Winter Fairy Halla



A couple of week's ago I shared my card using Mo Manning's "Winter Fairy Talva" but this one uses the masculine companion image of "Winter Fairy Halla". Isn't he just too adorable? Actually, I love'em both...LOL! There was a challenge the other week wanting entries which summed up the creator's style. I think this one probably sums me up - particularly when making Christmas cards anyway - using my Promarkers, my Silhouette Cameo, layers - & snowflakes, snowflakes & yet more snowflakes with a touch of sparkle & pearls to finish it off. Do you get the impression that I love Mo's images & snowflakes? LOL

I welded a large snowflake onto my otherwise square card base & layered it all up from there using Mo's gorgeous image & a multiplicity of snowflakes from various designers (including my own), which were either dosed in Stickles or sprayed with Crafter's Companion iridescent spray. The pearls also adorning my flakes were this time created using Liquid Pearls. The overall colour-scheme is a very delicate shade of lilac to turn little Halla into a real "Ice Prince", blowing frosty flakes into the world. Cut from various types of card but mainly the same pearlescent card as the front (for extra sparkle), a couple of the lilac flakes were created as a print & cut so that they matched my chosen papers. I even managed to cut some flakes from 'left-over' card - always a bonus.


For the inside of my card I have, needless to say, still more snowflakes. Some are welded along with a sentiment, into a bordered frame with others welded more simply to an edge. The card-base for the inside was cut from a 'plainer' card so that the sparkle would show up more on the other pieces. Well it does so in RL as sadly, no matter how hard I have tried I can't get the sparkle to show up on the photos which is such a shame. The printed sentiment from DesertDiva was re-coloured to suit but as I wanted black text & a lilac/purple design around it I had to 'cut out' the text using my software & then re-insert a black version before printing.  No, I don't make life easy on myself do I!

Well, I know it is quite 'fussy' for a masculine-themed card but I know it works as my son (now 22), on seeing it said he "rated that one very highly"!!! LOL



Tine :)

Challenges I wish to enter this card for are:
Mo's Digital - for the boys
A Creative Romance - fairytale or winged creations
Sweet Stamping - things with wings
Stamping for the Weekend - fairies or fantasy
Sparkles Monthly - fairies or butterflies
Christmas Cards All Year Round - Christmas fairies with a bit of sparkle
Creative Card Crew - Christmas
Crafty Hazelnut - Christmas
Oldie But A Goodie - dies/punches (old stash - some of my snowflakes & others are cut from bits of left-over card)
Love To Scrap - fancy border (cut designs on inside of the card)
Digi Sketch - sketch &/or theme (for the boys)
Eclectic Ellapu - for a boy
Paper Crafting Journey - for a boy
Whimsy - masculine
Divas By Design - monochrome
Pile It On - cool or warm colours
Always Something Creative - not colourful
Silhouette Challenges - welded letters (using a Silhouette Cameo)
Crafts-Too - September - texture +twist of shine & sparkle
Wags 'n' Whiskers - sparkle
Word Art Wednesday - anything goes using inspirational sentiment/scripture (cut into the border)
Paper Makeup - anything goes
Sister Act - anything goes.


31 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous! Thanks for joining at Oldie but a Goodie: Dies and Punches
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Thanks for joining us at CCC xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for playing this week in our Anything Goes challenge at Digi Makeover.
    Ardilla :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning card, your colouring is amazing and the whole design is gorgeous!

    Thank you for joining the challenges at Eclectic Ellapu and the Creative Card Crew!

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tine, this is just sooo adorable, I love this image coloured beautifully and the snowflakes are fab.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deliciously gorgeous card for CCAYR 'fairy with sparkle' challenge, Hazel, CCAYR DT - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for September - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love his expression, and of course, I completely adore your card! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely LOVE this image, I still have yet to use her myself after getting it for a year. You did a fabulous job and really tempting me to make something out of her too! Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Card Crew!

    Mei
    CCC DT
    Love to Create DT
    Crazy Challenge DT
    Anyone for Anya DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just so gorgeous with all the white and the very pretty snowflakes. Love it. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Pile it On Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a precious card. I love this Mo Manning stamp. pity we don't have a wintery christmas in australia otherwise i would definatley have purchased it already. Just love your card, the colours and all those snowflakes, beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tine, I can tell it was a labour of love. It's beautiful.

    Ha Ha - love that it got the adult son's nod of approval too! Gotta love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is absolutely gorgeous!

    Hugs,
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous, adorable image...Thanks for playing along with us at Divas this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an absolutely gorgeous card, great use of dies. Thank you so much for entering my challenge theme on an Oldie But A Goodie, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your project is amazing! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us in the Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog's "Run For The Border!" challenge!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for adding for CHNC challenge extra for September - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. My word this is fabulous! Thanks for sharing with us at Wags 'n Whiskers! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card with beautiful snowflakes, thanks for joining in our "For a Boy" challenge at Paper Crafting Journey this fortnight, XOX Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a beautiful card, I love the layers and design. Thanks for sharing it at the Crafts-Too Challenge You 'TEXTURE with a Twist' challenge this month.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Tine you just seem to go that extra mile with your card making and this card is no exception I absolutely love it. When you start to bottle your talent please PM me...LOL...!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is stunning, thank you for playing along at Digi Sketch Challenge.

    Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  22. How frosty & lovely - what a brilliant card to share with us this week at Diva's, love it! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous! I love this image, it's one of my fave 'Mo's'! The way you have layered it with all the beautiful snowflakes is fabulous!
    Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely gorgeous I love it. Thanks for joining us at Diva's
    Hugs
    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card Tine love the design.
    Hugs
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  26. Absolutely stunning! Love the frosty design with all the snowflakes and your colouring is perfect!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Mo's Digital Pencil!
    Hugs, Anja

    ReplyDelete
  27. WOW! I love this! What a lovely card. Thank you for sharing at Sweet Stampin' and good luck with the Challenge. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a fab "winged things" creation! Gorgeous image and so beautifully colored. We must be soul mates as I selected the same image for my dt card here...so cool to see yours! Thanks so much for joining us at A Creative Romance. Please join us again! xxx Ann Marie

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a wonderful creation! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Stampin for the Weekend for our fairies and fantasy challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous card - love that image and the shape of your card.

    Thanks for joining us at Sparkles.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete