Saturday 17 April 2010

Just Magnolia - First Birthday Challenge


Hope the weather is as glorious where you are as it is here. I would love to win the Blog Hop - I could do with more Tildas! LOL . It is so generous of Simon Says Stamp! to sponsor the Blog Hop as well as the challenge this week.

I have enjoyed working to Mina’s design and have used Happy Tilda again as she is so versatile. The papers were from a printable download some while back, so sorry, can’t remember where but the light blue gingham has been used with white card and a silver mirri board mat. The main shape behind Tilda was taken from Keepsake’s Sophistication Board and the horizontal designs were punched using a Fiskar’s design. A silver peel off emphasises the oval shape given in the design criteria and the three circles on the also on the design sheet have been interpreted with 3 darker flowers at Tilda’s feet. These 3 flowers also have larger diamante centres than the other flowers, all of which were secured to the punched flowers with a Quickie Glue pen (whether they really wanted to be glued there or not – I won that battle!)

For the message I printed off my ‘Thank You’ on the PC’s word processor and turned it into a banner for Tilda to hold using cocktail sticks. I decided not to colour these as the plain wood seemed to match her hair colouring quite well. To finish the banner off I added iridescent beads to the top of the sticks.

Hope you like this week’s challenge card.

Tine

No comments:

Post a Comment