Friday 14 May 2010

Circle Ted



Hi everyone, and I have made today’s card for the following Challenges:

Truly Scrumptious – design sketch

Sweet Stampin – colour challenge (yellow, green, orange and pink).

Having chosen a floral background from Do Crafts to which I added faux black blanket stitches with my Letraset fine line pen, I made 2 circles from matching card & used a sewing machine to create a running stitch around the largest one. To this circle I then distressed the edge and cut small slits up to the running stitch before ‘ruffling’ it up slightly to add a bit of dimension & interest.

Having stuck the smaller circle to the larger one, I used Promarkers to colour in an image from Cuddly Buddly which also happens to be within a circle itself. It is one of a number of digi stamps drawn by Kim Macfarlane available from their website. I then added glitter glue to the centres of the flowers within this image and Glossy Accents from Ranger around the shapes of the two hearts and the bear’s nose. I then also added the same gloss finish to the edge of my circular sentiment and to the small flower (taken from the background paper), which was then attached to the middle of the sentiment circle to finish it off.

I do hope you all like today’s card and I would love it if you were able to leave a comment for me so that I know you have visited. Have a great day yourselves!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Tine, this card is just absolutely adorable. I love it, I really love it! Thanks for playing along at Sweet Stampin. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh such an adorable card Tine. Love the colours you've used and the image also. Thanks for joining us this week at TS. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete