Wednesday 12 May 2010

Hugz















Hi, and isn’t this such a beautiful baby, couldn’t you just pick her up and give her as big a hug as she is giving her dolly? Maybe that is my maternal instincts kicking in again. LOL. I only hope my colouring/card making skills have done her justice. She is of course one of Mo’s delectable drawings available from Mo’s Digital Pencil and today’s card is a special for Mo’s Dream Team, where Jak has given us a lovely sketch to work from. They are looking for a guest designer for June and as you can see, I thought I might give it a go.

I bought this image of Mo’s at the same time as the image of the little girl with the bird, 'Friday's Child', (I even set up a Paypal account just so I could buy from Mo!!!!), but whilst the latter digital image has had a couple of airings since, this is the first time that this adorable child has made it onto the blog. How could anyone resist such a cute tot? I L-O-V-E colouring in!!!!!!!! And Mo’s images are absolutely brilliant....I could colour happily all day....I used my Promarkers as usual.

As for the papers I have used, both the pink check ground and the teddy/button papers were from Papercraft Inspirations. Each of the end panels is actually a double layer of the pink card, slightly staggered so that the bottom layer peeps behind the punched, white ‘lace’ which is sandwiched between the pink layers. The card ‘lace’ has been made from the Martha Stewart Deep Trellis punch. I have then used my sewing machine to create a fancy stitch down the outer edges to secure the 3 layers together whilst a straight stitch goes round the other sides of the panels. For the central panel though I have added digitally created stitches before sewing with a straight stitch all the way round. I made the ‘button’ from card by cutting a circle and punching small holes with my Crop A Dile before hand-sewing threads and knotting as a bit of an extra element - and hopefully this echoes the buttons featured in the paper’s design. The narrow ribbons in pale pink and white were from my stash and I created the message on the PC .

Well, I hope you all like today’s card and as ever, if you do, please feel free to leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

5 comments:

  1. Just peaking in from Mo's Guest Spot Challenge...
    Your card is soo cute! Love the papers you choose and how you arranged everything.

    Lovely greetings from Germany,
    Anja

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is stunning Tine, I love your shading its beautiful...thanks for joining in with Mo's Guest DT call and good luck
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful and adorable card. Great job you did.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous entry for our Guest DT good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. C.U.T.E!!! Love how you've done the borders also.
    Angela xxx.

    ReplyDelete