Monday 24 May 2010

Soft Green and Aqua













Challenges:
Just Magnolia – design sketch

Colour Create – colours of soft green and light aqua

Now I am pretty certain that the papers I have used on this occasion are K & Company, but it has to be said, I can’t be sure. I bought a scrapbook with matching papers a while ago so I don’t have the original packaging to refer back to and so only have my memory to go from as regards the manufacturer. These papers might have been in the right colours for the challenge but they were actually all oriental in style so I have used the less obviously oriental ones for this particular card to keep it more in keeping for Tilda.

Tilda herself has been coloured with Promarkers and she is raised up from the white card oval (created using a shape from a Glitter Girls’ board), with silicone glue. The white lacy border at the bottom was created using a Martha Stewart punch, the deep trellis and I used a white Gelly Roll pen to create the fake stitching. As for the handmade flowers, I wanted to create a stylised design and these two have centres of rolled up paper coloured with Promarkers to match Tilda’s dress exactly.

Well that is all for today as I have a mountain of ironing!
Bye for now,
Tine :)



3 comments:

  1. What a fantastic card! I love how you did that flower, how original! The colors are just perfect too!
    Thanks for joining Just Magnolia this week!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow stunning Tine, beautifully coloured and great use of the colours...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia and Colour Create challenges
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and i just love your flowers and your colours are perfect!
    Thanks for joining Colour Create
    Hugs Di xxx

    ReplyDelete