Wednesday 15 June 2011

#70 New Teacher






















Theme at I ♥ Promarkers - black & white plus one other colour
Prize Sponsor this week - Die Cut Dreams

I have made my card today for my daughter who is one of the lucky few to get a job straight from finishing her year of teacher training following a Degree at Uni. Whilst the young man featured on the card is in a younger age bracket than she will be actually teaching herself, hopefully the message is clear enough. This particular digi is from Phindy's Place and is called, 'Ready to go!', a more than willing student by the look of it  & I only hope my daughter finds her pupils as diligent as he would appear to be!!!!

I have coloured him with Promarkers in nearly all the various shades of grey going, other than the skin & hair of course, which gives my card its shot of colour along with his regulation apple and the wood grain blackboard surround, a paper from Papercraft Inspirations.  The message on the blackboard is a recoloured digi from Meljen Designs and I added the smiley face to it myself on the computer. The blackboard surround is a layer above the 'board' itself so it was 'gutted' to reveal the sentiment behind. (I hope I am explaining this well enough). LOL. The good luck sentiment was just done on the PC too. The hand-print dp is a recoloured Crafter's Companion paper (to look like messy prints all over the wall, hopefully!) and the stripey paper is from The Angel Company. The super-snazzy paperclip came from an 'office set' I got once and was just waiting for its moment in the limelight. LOL.


I also decorated both sides of the inside of the card with matching woodgrain & black & white stripes so that I had a whiteboard on one side, featuring a TLC sentiment, and the base card itself on the other side acting literally as a blackboard so that I could handwrite (in pencil pretending it is chalk) my 'to' along with another happy, smiley face & I will add the 'from' there too later.

Tine :)

Challenges I would like to enter this particular card for are:
Crafty Emma - inspired by a movie (High School Musical I hope, rather than Kindergarten Cop!)
Cupcake - boy, oh boy
Bows and Berries - masculine (aw....adorable little lad)
Incy Wincy - Father's Day or masculine (well, the image is, if not the recipient! LOL)
Papertake - lads & dads
My Partner In Crafting Crime - tutti frutti (use fruit - an apple for the teacher)
Barely Mine - anything goes.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Tine!
    I love this card! The blackboard for the sentiments is pure genius and looks fab! Really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great card! I love the cute image! Thanks for playing along at Cupcake this week! Shelly ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic Tine! Your daughter will love it! Love the black board on the front and on the inside! Brilliant! Adorable image too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a fab card, I was just amazed by the front, and then saw the inside. Love the sentiments. Lovely card.

    Annette xx
    I design for StampFairy, One Stop Craft Challenge, Incy Wincy Challenge, 2 Sisters Challenge, Top Tip Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card Christine, love the image and I do love the black, white and 1 other colour idea. Fab image and big congrats to your daughter :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card - fab image and colouring!! Thanks for joining in our movie challenge at CES this week, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards...such cute images...thanks for joining us at BMD......

    Hugs
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for playing in Bows and Berries Masuline challenge!! Robin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Back again!! Such a great idea with the chalk board inside!! Thanks for joining us at My Partner in Crafting Crime!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete