Wednesday 25 April 2012

#114 Poppies


Theme at I ♥ Promarkers - flower power (use a floral image)
Sponsor & prize this week - Digi Doodle Shops - $10 gift certificate

This week the DT have all used floral images from our sponsor, Digi Doodle on their cards and whilst mine is relatively CAS, still took quite a bit of construction.

Having made my own DL sized cut file (with the fancy corners just perfect for my gems to reside, LOL), I then made my own dp - a haze of poppy-field colours out of which my main image pops. The idea was (hopefully) that it looked like this poppy was being highlighted from this field - as if under a magnifying glass. So,with this in mind,  I coloured the background to the image to resemble the dp. The image itself is called 'Poppy & Bud' and like everything in it's circular mat, was coloured with Promarkers.


For the leaf & poppy embellishment I drew my own poppy in 4 layers before converting it to create another cut file for the Silhouette to cut for me.  I then gave this a liberal spraying with Crafter's Companion Spray & Shine but doesn't look particularly glossy, I have to say. I made my own poppy leaf cut files too, this time cutting 3 out in two differing shades of green. Whilst the circular mat was raised up using foam pads, I kept this card pretty flat and no 'sticky-out bits' to make it difficult to fit in an envelope & post. LOL. Well, you have to think of these things these days with the cost of postage set to rocket here in the UK.

Tine :)

Challenges I would like to enter this card for are:
Truly Madly Crafty - make your own flowers (created my own cut files for the poppy & the leaves)
Hiding In My Craft Room - April showers bring......(handmade flowers - created my own cut files for the poppy & the leaves)
Pan Pastel - add a flower
My Time to Craft - gardening gems
Craft Us Crazy - Mother's Day &/or flowers
Little Darlings - flowers
My Mum's Craft Shop - the great outdoors
MilkCoffee - bold & bright
OLLCB - bold & bright
Lexi's - punches & dies ( had checked to see if use of a digi cutter was allowed)
Passion for Promarkers - cut it out
Wags 'n' Whiskers - anything goes.

24 comments:

  1. Really beautiful, those poppies are gorgeous and I love the colours of the background. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card I like the background and the image very much.Thanks for joining in at PanPastel uk this week.

    Kerry DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really beautiful card.

    Thank you for joining us at Lexis Creations.

    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Tine! The poppies are gorgeous and that background is amazing! awesome card! So sorry I have been gone again! Life is crazy and I can't keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're really breaking out the molds lately, aren't you! This is cool, I really like your poppy and the fabby abstract background.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card Tine.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful elegant card, love the image Poppies are one of my favourites. Thanks for sharing with us at OLLCB this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous, love the bright Poppy's...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card poppies are one of my favourites I love to see field of them Happy crafting Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh WOW Tine, am loving this, what a great image and love the layout and your colouring. Beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty I just love poppies and your card is gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Lexi's Creations for our Die Cuts and Punches challenge hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous, wonderful colors. Thanks so much for sharing with our challenge at MILKCOFFEE:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful!Your coloring is awesome.Love the cut of the poppy.Thanks for joining us at Milk coffee stamps challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous as always. You are very talented in design and artistry. Thanks for sharing your talents.XXX

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful. I love your coloring and the colors you picked are pretty. Thanks for joining us at HIMCR DT AJ!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful job with your coloring and BEAUTIFUL flowers!!!

    Thanks for joining us at HIMCR!!

    Crafty Hugs,
    Jessica
    www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just stunning Tine!
    Thanks for joining us at Ooh La La this week...good luck!
    Lizy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  18. lovely.. I am back and have just put a post on my blog, so you are welcome to visit..
    Hugs, Brittany, xoxo
    http://www.mymagnoliacardsbybrittany.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a great card, love the LO, thanks for joining our challenge at MMCS, hope to see you again, Gaynor DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! at your colouring on this Tine! :)

    Awesome card, gorgeous image and such vibrant colours - amazing card! :)

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. so stunning tine.wonderful colouring and design and i love the poppies.
    thanks for joining in my theme this week at PFP :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. A gorgeous card, love the poppies, thanks for sharing at MTTC, Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Tine, what a gorgeous card. I love the beautiful image and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card. Love your image.
    Thanks for joining us at PfP this week :o)

    ReplyDelete