Wednesday 11 April 2012

#112 Twin Christening Cards















Theme at I ♥ Promarkers - white on white
Sponsor & prize this week - Di's Digis

Do any of you remember my card for when the twins were born?  Well, as you can see from the photos of the cards I am posting today, they were both girls - identical ones too and these are the cards I have made for their Christening. The cards are the same, but different. Not quite reflections of one another - just to stamp a bit of individuality onto each.





















The image on the front is of course, one from the pen of the talented Mo Manning (Babygirl S) and I coloured my babies using Promarkers. Don't you just love their wispy hair? LOL. I printed one 'as is' but flipped the second image for the next card.  Virtually everything was cut from my bright white shimmering cardstock which I love so much and which just has to be perfect for Christening cards.  I made & cut the geometric circle background (which I think looks like an intricate baby blanket & the circles represent the circle of life - I am  Godmother to the babies' mother - well, you know how I over think things and if nothing else, it makes sense to me! LOL).






















The embellishments just had to be floral, given the names of the children and hopefully echo the names they have been given. The pennants into which I cut the girls' names are from Bird's Cards and the rose leaves that I hand embossed to give them a ridge down the centre were from Penny Duncan. I also made the flowers too, layering some of the smaller ones up so it would add to the dimension and I then dotted the centre of each with Liquid Pearls.

For the second insert the image is facing the other way, as on the front.















I have gone for a traditional paper insert for the insides of the cards, using the same image as the front on the opposite side of the verse - and as I had done for the fronts, flipped it for the second card. I then cut a scalloped edge around the insert to echo the designs on the front.






















Tine :)

Challenges I would like to enter my cards for are:
Mo's - anything goes with a Mo image of course (optional sketch too)
Passion for Promarkers - white on white
Emerald Faeries - use a banner
Frosted Designs - banners
Sunday's With Crissy - favourite colour combo (white on white can be hard to beat!)
Wags 'n' Whiskers - say it with flowers
Pink Elephant - flowers
Great Impressions - flowers
Crafty Creations - flower power
Truly Madly Crafty - handmade flowers
Stamping Sisters in Christ - a joyful, celebratory card
Kaboodle Doodles - new life
OSAAT - use a digi.

23 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful. Fabulous detail - love it!
    Thanks for sharing with us at SWC this month.
    Best wishes, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet and lovely baby card! I adore that image and your coloring is amazing! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! You have created treasured memories and the challenges you enter will have you walking away as a winner. These cards say winner. Thank you for sharing your lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, love the white on white....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning cards - I love that embossed background.

    Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful cards.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are truly precious cards. Thanks for playing along with us at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards! Love them!

    Thanks for joining us at the Great Impressions Stamp challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards & perfect for twins, unified but unique :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what delightful, beautiful cards! I love that you flipped the one image, as the girls are identical but not the same people! KWIM? I've been raising identical twin girls for the past 14 months and they look alike but have such different personalities!! Anyway, you did a smashing job on these cards and the white on white with just a wisp of colors is perfect. Thanks for joining our challenge this week at DP2. soso Barb <><

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh WOW these are gorgeous Tine beautiful babies and what fabulous white details.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG this is amazing. Thanks for joining us at A&T Challenges.
    Good luck and hope to see you next time
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous!!! Thank you for playing along at OSAAT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh Christine, these are just beautiful. I love WOW and all the lovely detail and what a gorgeous image. Definate keepsakes there :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally gorgeous, love your embossing and those beautiful images and flowers, very well done, thanks so much for sharing with us this week at One Stitch at a Time
    Debs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful, soft and lovely!! Wonderful Christening keepsake cards and definitely a joyful celebration! Thanks so much for joining us this week at SSiC!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful, I am sure they will be treasured! Thanks for joining in with our use a digi challenge over at OSAAT this week and good luck Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Christine, what gorgeous christening cards. I love the sweet image and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohhh my, these are gorgeous!!
    Sweet image and love the all the details.
    Thank you for joining us at PfP,
    hugs from Maya

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow these are just gorgeous, I love the wow and the image is so cute
    Thanks for joining us at crafty creations
    Hugs
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. This card is absolutely gorgeouus and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG... what a wonderfull job you made !!!
    The coloring (bothe are) fantstic, the fine hair will look like real
    Amazing and sweet, tfs
    cu hellerlittle

    ReplyDelete