A Spoonful of Sugar - animals
Everbody Art - make your own flower
Lexi's - flower power
Crafts and Me - gems & sparkle.
Today’s card as GDT at Digi Doodle, depicts one of their more recent additions to the range, that of ‘Cowgirl and Horse’. As the theme this week is to use a charm, out came my lucky horse-shoe from my stash, though to be perfectly honest, to be lucky, the horse shoe should be the other way up. This way the luck falls out! Still, I didn’t make the charm and it looks odd when I try to use it the other way up!
Why did I choose this particular image to work with? Well, the horse is my favourite animal so I couldn’t resist it. Simple! LOL. The image is basically coloured with Promarkers, though I chalked the sky and grass background on the image as I wanted a light and airy feel, an indication of a wide open space. I also paper-pieced the yoke of her denim jacket and its turned-back sleeves with a light blue and white tiny gingham check. It was only when I had got it all together that I realised that it is all but identical to an outfit I made myself a long time ago….LOL. Mind you, I didn’t add any rhinestones to mine. The old, worn painted fence posts seemed right but it took me a few minutes to decide on what colour to use for my faithful steed. Should he be a dun, an Appaloosa maybe? Went for a grey in the end as you can see, but it was a close-call.
The lower part of the background I have portrayed as a stable door, complete with a ‘metal’ top so a bored horse can’t chew at the wood (cribbing). This ‘metal’ is lovely matt mirri board with two punched circles also in the mirri, to represent the rivets holding the metal in place. The wood of the door was created from a paper from a ‘Cardmakers pack’ from HOTP, but I went over it with a Promarker to make wood-like knots and lines in it before I de-bossed the individual planks. The de-bossing didn’t show up too well, so I turned the paper over and used the same Promarker to draw onto the embossed lines. As the Promarker bled through the paper, it helped to show the delineation of the de-bossing better. The sky printed paper is also from the HOTP pack.
The flower was created using a Marianne Creatable die and some denim which I had around from turning up my daughter’s jeans. I frayed one edge and gathered the other, popping a big red rhinestone on top to match those on the girl’s jacket. I used some dried coriander stems from my garden to represent hay or straw.
Right, enough of me prattling on….why not join in the Digi Doodle Challenge yourselves…just remember to use a charm on your card this week.