Wednesday 29 February 2012

#106 Games Over - sketch






















Theme at I ♥ Promarkers - use the sketch
Sponsor & prize this week - Digi Doodle Shop ($10 gift voucher)

For my take on the sketch that Karen has devised for us this week, I have used an image from our sponsor, Digi Doodle called, 'Games Over', of this poor, dejected lad whose side would have appeared to have lost given the sad look on his face. Now, you could write on a postage stamp what I know about baseball, but the outfit I have given him looks good enough to me. LOL - and by the way, that is indeed a red shirt & hat I gave him, but try as I might it kept coming out in the photos a little pinkish rather than a colour very similar to the circles around him that it actually is. Grrr. In fact, all the colours on the image look washed out compared to the original today. No idea why.



Still, whatever team this might or might not be, it was coloured using Promarkers and I continued the ball kind of theme with the border around him, using red as well as white, as I believe they 'sew' the baseball with red stitches.  I then set the bordered image so it was slightly above the card base using foam pads.

The layers of card are all Papermania textured cardstock and for the detailing on the sketch I cut out two circles at the top & bottom of the card so that the white below (yes, you guessed it - more balls, LOL) would peep through.  Nothing like running with a theme is there! LOL.

Tine :)

Challenges I would like to enter this card for are:
Crafty Catz - 'b' is for baseball
Hotshot - one for the boys
Wags 'n' Whiskers - masculine birthday
Sweet Stampin' - it's a man thing
Stamp, Scrap & Doodle - manly or for a boy
Cupcake Craft - boys and their toys
Sisterhood of Crafters - use a digi
Pixie Cottage - (either use their sketch) or anything goes.

14 comments:

  1. What a wonderful cards.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks red to me, Tine! Great boys card, I know nothing about baseball either but I say it works! I love how you created the grass, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet and I love the red circles they are lovely. Thank you for showing us this week over at Sweet Stampin. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww ... this is so ADORABLE!! Love your design and your coloring is PERFECT!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘USING DIGIS’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tine :)

    This is such a sweet image and a great card for a boy! Love your colouring too :)

    Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just popping back to say thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous male card, love the image, many thanks for sharing with us at Cupcake Craft Challenges.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Christine, what a fantastic card. I love the image and your frame is perfect. Thanks for joining in with my challenge over cupcake craft this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card thanks for joining Crafty Catz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card - love that image - thankyou for sharing with us at sweetstampin xxkozmikxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Tine, I sure do love the colors on this...perfect for the image...and you've done such a nice job with it... Totally love it!

    xx
    Judy/DDS

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a perfect boys card Tine! Love the whole baseball theme going on! That ball frame is fantastic! Great coloring too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tine, your card is awesome! I have awarded you the Liebster award! Pop over to my blog to pick it up. I also have some blog candy if you're interested. http://plainandfancypapercrafts.blogspot.com/
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really sweet card, I love the image and your colouring is fantastic
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete