Friday 3 December 2010

Winter Birthday





















Well, I have been so busy making Christmas cards, I really ought to get a move on with the necessary birthday cards. This one is for a male (hubby actually and he loves his cuppa tea so much it would be easier giving it to him by drip!!!!) and having chosen the layout from Truly Scrumptious to work with, I then found this relaxed mouse image which seemed to sum up just what I wanted for a winter birthday card’s message – relax and enjoy the day - not to mention brew in hand!  LOL. The image is from Torico and is called ‘Have a break’ and I decided to colour him in monochromatic colours. To make his lovely jumper even warmer for him I added a 'knitted pattern' in pencil before colouring it in. Yes, I do know that his outfit looks decidedly sepia, but you will have to take my word on it that it was coloured in the Warm Greys of my Promarkers & looks nothing but tonal grey in real life. No matter how many times I have photographed it, the photo still looks like he has a brownish jumper…Grrr. Ah well, it can’t be helped.

The whole image was of course done in my beloved Promarkers, not just the jumper and I kept the image relatively unfussy, even to the exclusion of a mat because of the very busy background I had used. These were actually scrapbooking papers from Shabby Princess and I matched the pattern up from one layer to another for a sophisticated feel. If you look carefully, as they don’t show up very well, the two arrows have black gems on them. They started life as regular clear gems until my pens altered them to suit. As they are unlikely to be handled I reckon the colour shouldn’t come off. The ticket sentiment is from Sentiments4you.

Hope you all like it!

Tine :)

Challenges for this card include:

Truly Scrumptious – design sketch (optional pink - didn't dare, this is for my husband's birthday, I would never hear the end of it! LOL)
CRAFT – Christmas birthdays
Paperplay – monochrome
Allsorts – monochrome
Tip Top – anything goes (+ tip – you can colour your clear gems with markers).

11 comments:

  1. What fun card! Love the monochome colors too! Thanks for joining us at the CRAFT Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tine! Another great job! I love what you did with his sweater and the sketch is fab too. I really like that design. I'm sure hubby will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hes brilliant Tine, he looks like he has a bit too much rum in his drink lol...fantastic card
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely christmas birthday card,i love the papers youve used.
    thanks for joining us over on c.r.a.f.t challenges this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great fun card, Thank you for joining in with us this week at C.R.A.F.T Challenge
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. fab card the paper is great and the image is great fun

    thanks so much for joining in with my monochrome challenge this week @ Allsorts :o)

    hugs

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card, thanks for playing along at CRAFT challenge this week. Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  8. awwww...that mouse looks utterly freaked out, lol
    Lush colouring - the texture on the sweater is amazing. And WG tends to use brownish on photos because it DOES have some brown in it.#
    Sorry I haven't been around, I have visitors over at the moment and there's not much computer time!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  9. aww he's really cute! Thanks for joining in our Christmas Birthday challenge this week at C.R.A.F.T! Gemma :)
    P.s. Check out my yummy blog candy here, closes 12/12!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is super cute, love the image you've used.
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Play for our monochrome challenge
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, this is cute...love your choice of monochrome colours. Thanks for sharing your talent at Paper Play this week and good luck!
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete