Saturday 11 December 2010

Winter Wonderland





















Well, I am not quite bored of my snowflakes yet…getting there…but not yet! LOL. Today’s card uses an image from Mo Manning called, ‘Skating’. Isn’t she so sweet – Bella dragging pet Bronte to play, albeit perhaps a little reluctantly onto the ice.

I coloured this image using the colours suggested by Colour Create, grey, green & white and I have used green tones all the way from the jade-like marine to leaf green. These were the fabulous shades in the backing paper I chose to use, which when I saw it on Jak Heath’s pages, I knew I would have to use – it just ‘spoke to me!’ LOL. Mind you, these colours on the DP are hiding behind the image and of course these are the very snowflakes I was matching up to! Ah, well, can’t be helped…. but to get round this lamentable fact I printed off a bit more of the DP and used that central section to create the horizontal MS snowflake border and the escaping snowflakes. I like the large grey snowflakes at the DP’s edges mind you, and I have added Stickles to various points for a bit more ice and a general frosty feel. To continue the textured ‘cold’ elements on my card I added Polar White Flower Soft for snow at the base of the image and white paint around one of the mats as ‘frosting’ as a change from my usual distressed and ruffled ‘iced’ borders . I then edged the banner, which uses a sentiment from Birdscards, the same way. Takes a bit of drying time mind you, but there again so do Stickles! LOL.



















I went for the design over at Truly Scrumptious this week for the card’s layout, rotating it 180° - though I did add the diamond shape behind the image’s mat for a bit more movement. Having used my favourite Marianne Creatables snowflakes to die cut the vellum, I then added white & silver pen highlights as well as Stickles to give a bit more definition and lustre. All I had to do then was to pop on the odd gem and the card was finished!

Tine :)

Challenges I would like to enter this card for are:

Truly Scrumptious – design sketch
Mo’s Digital – Winter Wonderland
Colour Create – grey, green and white
Gingersnaps (GC82)– white glitter
Wags & Whiskers – snowflakes
Paper Pretties – punches ( Martha Stewart snowflake border)
Creative Belli – Christmas embellishments
Allsorts - last minute Christmas cards
Passion for Promarkers - Christmas anything goes
Digital Tuesday – It’s cold outside.

20 comments:

  1. Lovely card Tine, your shading is stunning as usual. Thanks for joining us at PfP. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining in with our Mega Christmas challenge over at PFP. Hugs, Denise x
    Have a wonderful Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tine!
    Im glad you could join in this weeks challenge cos you do Mo proud, girlfriend! Awesome work as always. I love the colors you chose for Bella and Bronte and the snowflakes are lovely too. Wonderful card. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A 'cool' card in more ways than one!I love the frosty look of the vellum snowflakes peeking out from behind the image panel....perfect for this week's theme. Thanks for joining us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is fantastic, love your image and colouring and your use of thecolour challenge, thanks for joining us at colour create, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card,love the colours and the image is fab...Thanks for joining us at Truly Scrumptious...
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a darling image, poor puppy!! Great way to use your snowflakes peeking outside of the image. Thanks for sharing on the Belli challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, the dp is absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your comments on my screechy caterwailing card, I love the colouring on your card, those blues and greens look great with the snowflakes. Hugs Heidi, ps have just become a follower, love your blog.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card and love the way you created the icy effect.
    Thanks for joining us at Dt this week.
    Best wishes, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Christine, looking at the card actually makes me feel chilly as you have done such a fantastic job with those snowflakes hehe and I just love that image, so cute. XX

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a gorgeous card. Love the image you've used and the colous also. Thanks for joining in with our Mega Christmas Challenge at PFP. Hugs
    Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply gorgeous!! Fab colouring and love your colour combo!!! Thanks for joining in our Mega Challenge at PFP, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your card. It is beautiful. Thanks for joining PFP's mega Christams challenge :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is adorable. Love the way you colored the images. Thanks for joining us at Mo's this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic card love the colours you have used!

    Thanks for playing at Allsorts

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely gorgeus Christine,,,,love the unnusalo colors and it works really perfect, oh my I love the pastel green,,,,,love it,,,,, really love it,

    ReplyDelete
  18. gorgeous card tine.the image is fab and i love your colouring and colour combo.
    thanks for playing in our mega christmas challenge at PFP :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a darling image and I love all the snowflakes you added!!! Thanks for joining us in the Belli challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous coloring ... thanks for joining the White Glitter Challenge at Gingersnap Creations.

    ReplyDelete