Sunday 1 August 2010

Priscilla’s Sunflower



This has been an arduous few days. When I found that my Comments button link wasn’t working (and it looks like it must have been out of action for the last couple of weeks, it took ages to sort out……consequently, my craft time has been seriously eroded into by emergency blog repairs. So, if you had tried to leave me comments on my last few cards and couldn’t, I do apologise. I did wonder where everyone had gone! LOL. Still, fingers crossed, everything should be hunky dory again now.

This card features an image using a sunflower head from Priscilla Styles but over at CDAC’s colour challenge, Priscilla was asking participants to confine themselves to cream, yellow and green. I was very good and managed not to add in a good dose of brown, LOL. I coloured the image in with Promarkers , (now then, you wouldn’t really expect me to use anything else would you, LOL) hoping for a golden glow to the flower head.

The background is constructed from yellow paper embossed with a Tim Holtz embossing folder and the stripey paper was a digi paper I re-coloured to fit into the colour scheme required. Once these papers were cut to the shape of the circular base card I used 3 different ink pads to ink around the circumference, 2 shades of green and one of yellow.

The actual shape of the card and the sketch used came from this week’s challenge at Mojo Monday as the circular version they offered as inspiration seemed just perfect for this floral image. I found the yellow grosgrain, golden satin and dark green ribbons in my stash, but had to be a bit creative with the lighter green ribbons either side of the centre as I didn’t have the right colour I wanted, so I got out my Promarkers again and coloured my beautiful white satin ribbon light green instead!

Today’s card is bit of a change for me so I do hope you like it, and as my blog is now fixed, if you do like this card, you are now able to leave a comment!

Challenges:
CDAC – cream, yellow and green with sunflower image


Mojo Monday – sketch

Creative Cottage – touchy feely

Polka Doodles – generic.

Have a good day everyone!
Tine :

5 comments:

  1. Hi Tine
    lovely card, super image, lovely papers & design,thank you for joining us at The Creative Cottage this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card, nice texture and great colour work, that sunflower is fab
    Thanks for playing along with Creative Cottage
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bright colours! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your creations are so fantastic! I am a for sure follower now.....you and your little piece of heaven here in blogland. I am so glad to have found your site thru your entry into the Fussy & Fancy challenge. Are you looking for another DT.....we are looking for a few new members at Creative Inspirations (Sunday) fortnightly challenge blog. Pls come check it out. PS- I am going to be posting some candy of my own soon so pls stop by for a visit! Take Care and keep crafting to keep us smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card - really bright colours. Happy Crafting. Jenny

    ReplyDelete