Thursday 12 August 2010

Anniversary Cards






(Sorry ladies, I don’t normally do this, but time is limited so I have had to pop all of my creations on one post….hope you don’t mind too much, but as I am sure you have seen from the photos, all these cards do relate to one another too).

August, in my household means Anniversaries. Yes, not only my own wedding anniversary is coming up but it was my parent’s, my sister’s, brother- in- law’s…..........etc. Handy in one way, as I am less likely to forget anyone’s special day, but it means a lot of card making with Wedding/Anniversary themes at the same time every year. LOL.

So, as ABC’s challenge this week asks us to create a card depicting what August means to us, it has to be an Anniversary card for my entry.

The first card uses the layout suggested at Sketch Saturday and is steeped in extra meanings. Did you ever do Art History at school? Do you remember anything about the Marriage of Arnolfini, where everything in the painting represents something else….? Well, my card is obviously not up to Van Eyck’s standards, but you get the drift…LOL. The peach colour was the colour of the bridesmaids, the horizontal punch work is an infinity loop, and there are two lines of ‘sewing’ representing the two wedding rings. Then there is the power of three. Not only do the 3 roses echo the 3 on the bride’s head dress but the number 3 has been regarded as special for centuries. The Chinese see 3 as a perfect number, but it is also seen by many as the spirit, mind and body/ past, present & future/faith, hope & charity…. Not to mention all the religious significance to Christians, Hindus, Buddists etc. All very apt for a marriage. So, I have embellishments to the power of 3 - 3 flowers, 3 fronds & 3 jewels on her veil - and with the 2 peach circles, the third circle is cut out in the centre. The circles & dots are also significant as a circle is seen as perfect, a whole, a completion and without end, and is one reason why people exchange wedding rings during the ceremony.

Now, while all this symbolism might well, be lost on the recipient, at least I hope the card looks good enough to stand on its own merit! The infinity loop punch is from Martha Stewart, the peach paper is re-coloured from Crafter’s Companion Love CD, the dotty embossing folder is from Cuttlebug , the image is Precious Moments and the flowers and gems as they say, from my stash.

The second card is the more simplistic in layout of the 3 cards. It features an image from Digi Doodle Shops called ‘Junior Bride and Groom’. I apologise for the white looking so blue, it could be a bad photographer, but I am blaming the lack of sunlight whenever I want to take photos!!!! LOL. Yes, this couple too had peach bridesmaids… obviously a trend at the time… LOL.

Now for the third card…(I know, I should have done them all the same as a batch lot!!!! LOL) The last of this trio is the more complex of the 3, using the design over at Sketch and Stash this week, but it has also made into an easel card. Echoing some of the elements of the first card, this uses a different Crafter’s Companion design from the Love CD, but again it was re-coloured. I have also created a couple of steps from card which retain the easel element and I used the punched out surplus from the MS infinity loop as confetti petals. Gosh, I do hope this explains it all!

Challenges:









Sketch Saturday – layout sketch









Sketch and Stash
– layout sketch





ABC – A is for August

Charisma – easel

Digi Doodle Shop – flowers

Cooking it up with Katie – flowery pink square

Papertake - something old, borrowed and blue

Prairie Fairy - frame it in a circle.

Will have to go, so bye for now. I would love it if you could leave me a comment if you have time so that I will know that you have passed by. I do appreciate your visits to my Blog and I apologise again for the inconsistent photos today.


Tine :)

15 comments:

  1. Your projects are eye-catching! I adore the use of flowers! Thanks for sharing with us this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best and Good Luck!

    KymKreates
    DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smashing cards all of them

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, pretty cards!
    Thanks for Cooking it up with Katie this week!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Tine, you've been busy girl! They're all lovely!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christine, The are all lovely cards, such cute images and nice papers. Thank you for joining us at Fairy Fun Friday this week with your lovely work.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed seeing your cards on your blog. Posting a few cards together is great by me especially when they are as lovely as this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous!! I love the images and soft colors!! So beautiful! Thanks for Cooking it up with Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this card is just wonderful. Thank you for using one of my stamps, and thank you so much for entering this in our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

    Hugs
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. 3 wonderful anniversary cards!
    Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie this week and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are both so very pretty. Really love the digistamps you used.
    Thanks for joining our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!

    Greetings,
    Katja

    ReplyDelete
  11. adorable
    Thanks for playing along at Charisma this week
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cards! Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. stunning wedding anniversary cards tine, I love the images and the way you've placed the flowers they look wonderful thanks for joining us at Sketch n Stash hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very beautiful cards.
    Thank you for cooking it up with Katie.

    ReplyDelete