Monday 21 October 2013

Carousel



The card I am sharing with you all today is for my God-daughter, who, like her Aunty Christine, loves horses (only it is many a year since I last actually rode one!!!)  I chose this fabulous animal drawn by CrimsonCaveDragon (aka Heather), who seems not so much of a wooden fair-ground ride, but a real-life equine with flowing locks & feathers (hairy bits at the top of the hoof) impaled by the turned pole of the carousel.  Nearly every self-respecting carousel horse seems to be a dapple grey so I tried to oblige for this one too using my Promarkers.  Not the easiest colour of horse to have chosen, mind you!!!! LOL.



The shaped mat for my image was created & cut using my Cameo & the next probably very obvious use of my cutter can be seen on the inside of the card where I have cut out my God-daughter's name.  The font needed a little adaptation to get it to fit & weld into my rectangle where I wanted it & to do this I utilised the point-editing feature along with enlarging the heart in the centre of the 'o' & I also added a dot to the 'i' which isn't actually featured in the font I chose. I then popped some matching patterned paper behind the cut-work. The simple sentiment I created myself on the PC, recolouring my text to match the papers.



Thanks for visiting my blog today.

Tine :)

Challenges I wish to enter this card for are:

Silhouette Challenges - critters
4 Crafty Chicks - layers
Emerald Faerie - sparkle
4 Krafty Girlz - anything goes
Sister Act - anything goes
OSAAT - anything goes
Artistic Inspirations - anything goes
Crafting Cafe - anything goes
Challenges 4 Everybody - anything goes.

15 comments:

  1. What a stunning birthday card for your God-Daughter Christine - Dapple grey horse so regally adorned on his magical carousel - and the magic continues inside which is very lovely and very personal. Good luck in our challenge this week. Ingrid xx (OSAAT Team)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tine that is just one fabulous card and as always your colouring is absolutely spot on...love it all...!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is gorgeous Tine!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card & a beautiful image! Thanks so much for joining us at The Crafting Cafe this time!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Tine. Lovely image very creative.
    Hugs
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colouring!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Silhouette challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I think you totally nailed the coloring for the carousel horse. I love carousel horses. I also really like how you colored your sentiment to coordinate with the card colors. This is so pretty, your god-daughter will love it. :D
    Thanks for sharing and joining us at OSAAT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card and the image is coloured beautifully. Love the background layers too they are very effective.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning image and fabulous use of small papers that will help use up waste! Will be using this idea as I have LOADS of them!! Thank you for joining us this week at OSAAT and good luck

    Hugs
    NIKKI DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my word, what a fantastic card, i love it, and the colouring is excellent, Thank you for entering the Challenge over at One Stitch at a Time, good luck Pam DT x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super image and Super coloring! Thank you for playing along this week at OSAAT. I sure hope to see you back again very soon. Good Luck in the challenge!!!

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl OSAAT DT
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafting Cafe and good luck.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love carousel horses; your Goddaughter will love this card! So pretty!

    Thank you so much for playing along with the Stitchy Bear Angels this week!

    Hugs,
    Chriss - DT - One Stitch AT A Time
    www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com
    http://onestitchatatimechallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, gorgeous card! What a fantastic image and layout.
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete