Thursday, 26 July 2012
Shall We Dance
Yep, another one that has been a labour of love this week as I think I had to make a fair number of separate cut files for this one before I even got my Promarkers out! Think it is 7 cut files in total - not to mention one from Bird's Cards.
The bit I hope you focus on first of all, is of course the image and I am sure you will recognise it as being from LOTV and is actually called 'Shall We Dance'. This cuddly two-some giving Fred & Ginger a run for their money were coloured with Promarkers (and one Tria marker, LOL) & I kept the colour-scheme relatively subtle, highlighting my elements with gold.
The layout is actually one from CLP (but June's therefore not the current one), so I had better go into my layers in more detail. Behind the image is a scalloped frame I made especially to fit my image and behind that is a doily - another of my designs but you can only see the edges of it!!! LOL. This rests on an embossed strip which I then ran an ink pad over for colour and definition. The horizontal elements I hoped would give a theatrical overtone to the overall design consists of 2 cut files, made by my good self, of course. :) Well, as if anyone else would be daft enough to go to all this trouble for one card. LOL. The one stripy dp is from Bearly Mine matted onto felt-hammered card. This medley of layers rests on the card's front base - cut out of some of my fav pearlescent card stock & using yet another of my own cut files for a scalloped loop border. This was then embellished with gold peel-offs, including those tiny ones dotted about (which were actually the residue from the chain-like peel off border). Waste not, want not, I say. LOL. The 3 flowers were cut using a design from Bird's Cards and were inked to varying degrees.
I then had to make the back of the card, yes, another separate cut file which echoes the design elements of the front with a scalloped - looped edge to stand on and a smaller scallop at the other side, similar to the scallop of the image's frame. There is a good reason why this is a different file - I wanted to get it to fit onto a single A4 piece of card and so needed to be necessarily smaller. The paper insert is yet another cut file incorporating a sentiment from Netty's Cards. I made this to follow same design as the back of the card but a little smaller so that you can see the scalloped edges on the card behind. I then inked the edges of the insert before attaching.
So, this anniversary card is going to my sister-in-law who says she keeps all the cards I send her so at least all my efforts won't end up in the bin after a couple of days! Hope you like it.
Challenges I would like to enter this card for are:
I ♥ Promarkers - gold, silver & bronze (all or just one)
Lili's Little Fairies - a touch of romance
Totally Stampalicious - texture
Stamp With Fun - lace doily
Truly Madly Crafty - animals
Hanna & Friends - celebrate
CardMadFairy - photo insp
Stamp & Create - something in their hands (each other, aw....)
Papertake - make it your own (made my own cut files, card base, flowers & decorative elements)
Inky Impressions - dies/punches
Stamptacular Saturday - dies (digi cutter)
Jackson's Digital Expressions - anything goes
Crafts & Me - anything goes
Crafty Bloggers Network - anything goes
Inspire Me Fridays - anything goes.