Wednesday 17 August 2011

#79 Arrgh! Another birthday!























Theme at I ♥ Promarkers - easel card
Sponsor & prize this week - £10 voucher from Stampeezee

Nope, this isn't a Sunday, you are not losing your marbles but it is a Kenny K image from me. This gal flying head first into the birthday flower is called 'Skate Chick' and had been coloured with Promarkers. Now, I know that sounds a little silly given that I am on the DT of I ♥ Promarkers (& I have said in the past that I might ask to be buried with my Promarker pens, LOL), but in actuality to enter our challenge you can use either Trias, Aquamarkers or even the very new 'brush' tipped Flexmarkers as we allow all of these on our challenge now as they are all from Letraset.

I am not too sure I have got the knack of colouring brunette hair. Odd I know, given that as a brunette (even if now something of a 'bottled' one, LOL), you would think that it might somehow come more naturally. However, I think that knowing all the different shades that actually made up my colouring is also my downfall - as there really are not enough pens in the world to make up the vast variations I had in my locks! Still, on the plus side, it probably means I can't go too far wrong. Whatever I colour it might well be someone else's variation!



These fabulously girly papers are from Studio Flergs and the lime satin ribbon is from Fantastic Ribbons. The fabric flower (behind the sentiment from Bird's Cards) is from the Precious Petals range from Cardology.  I had to hand cut the bracketed shape (for the 'to' & 'from') as I don't have that kind of shaped nestie so you will have to forgive any wonky bits! LOL. The image & the sentiment flower were popped onto the card with Pinflair Glue Gel but the bracketed shape uses foam pads for not only dimension but strength given that this is the retainer for the easel to rest on. I could have put loads of embellies on of course, but given the fact that the top has to in reality fit over the lower element of the card, not to mention the cost of postage these days, keeping it all at a certain restrained level seemed to make more sense.

Do join in with our easel challenge if you can. It makes a fab change to the regular square shape we all love but also allows a bit more space to embellish etc too. Straight easel like mine, twisted, double or even treble it is up to you. I know the DT would all just love it if you could pass by their blogs & leave a kind comment & we look forward to seeing your easel creations & leaving you a comment too.

Until next time,

Tine :)

Challenges I would like to enter this card for are:
Glitter Geeks - colours taken from the photo inspiration
Bunny Zoe - easel card
Celebrate the Occasion - easel birthday card
Sentimental Sundays - shaped card (+sentiment)
Stamptacular Sunday - fancy fold
Karen's Doodles - fancy fold
Crafty Pad - cute & girly
Craft Your Days Away - birthdays
Pixie Cottage - big on birthdays &/or sketch (on blog)
Hotspot - use from the selection of colours (see their blog for colour range)
Craft Garden - bold, bright & loud.

24 comments:

  1. Fantastic card Tine. Love the papers and she looks fab in her lime green outfit :) I think you have done a great job on her hair.

    Enjoy the rest of your week :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful!Great colours!
    Thank you for joining Karen`s Doodles this week and good luck!

    Hugs,Kari :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tine,
    Great card, I have never made an easel card before so this will be a real challenge for me!
    Thanks for dropping by my blog & for the kind comment, I really appreciate it <3
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card! I think you did the brunette color extremely well:)! I also love the insert on the card...it's perfect. Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks this week, good luck and hope to see you again soon.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic easel card! love the combo.
    thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week.
    have you see our dt call? It's will be a pleasure to find you in our candidate.
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just LOVE all the layers Tine! YOu did a great job coloring, I think you have brunette down to a tee (with all your experience and all,lol) and the clouds are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This adorable You did a great job on the coloring

    Thanks for joining us at
    Celebrate the Occasion this week

    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Tine, lovely and vibrant!

    Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks and good luck :).

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute and fabulous colors. Thanks for joining CTO.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bright and fun, fabulous card!
    Thanks for playing with us at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun and bright colors, such a wonderfully colored image, makes you smile! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the card. The stamp is very nice.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute card! I love the image and all the colors and patterns! Thanks for playing at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  14. such a cute image, cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute! I love the stamp! Thanks for playing with us at CTO!

    Trell - DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Christine! I just gotta say that your colouring is exceptional! The skater chick is absolutely wonderful! You did a great job with the challenge! Thanks for joining us this week at CTO!

    Hugs,
    Tracey - CTO DT member
    www.trailoftreasures.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an amazing project...love it. Thanks for playing along with CTO! ~Shen

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is adorable, you did a fantastic job, thanks for joining CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun digital image! Makes me smile. Thanks for joining us at CTO. -Yvette
    cre8tivegirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. That image is hilarious and I love your coloring job. Very cute card. Thanks for joining us at CTO!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Christine - you definitely have NO PROBLEM with colouring brunette hair - just perfect. Love the bright colour palette - fab. I am now following you and I look forward to seeing your next creation. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the image. She is definitely about to fall. Oh my! Great job

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for playing along with The Craft Garden challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super cute Card! Your coloring is looks amazing!

    Thank you for joining us in our Big on Birthdays/sketch challenge over at The Pixie Cottage!

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete