Wednesday 5 May 2010

Friday's Child


Hi, for today’s card I have used a simply beautiful image from Mo’s Digital Pencil entitled ‘Friday’s Child’. The minute I saw this I knew I wanted to make her dress yellow as it reminded me of my favourite dress when I was a very little girl. I hope I have done her skin-tone justice, but in the crafting world where there is really no wrong way to do something, only a different way, I had a go.

I am entering this card for challenges on the following websites:

magicalcraftsfortnightlychallenge – design sketch

thesecretcraftersaturdaychallenge – friendship

creativecraftchallenges - flowers

everybody-art-challenge – pastels

paperplaychallenges – pastels

stamp with fun - friends

sweetstampinchallengeblog – summertime

For the background paper I have used Artylicious Damask Delights and popped swirls onto 2 corners as per design spec, adding Stickles to them (though I am not sure that the photo shows this clearly). A lemon pearly heart dots the top corner of one of the 2 matted squares and the 3 flowers diagonally opposite were from my stash. I have used flowers which look like they could grow wild and with stems, to give the impression that the girl has picked them whilst on her picnic. The image is coloured with Promarkers, though I have used chalks to hopefully give a hazy impression of the sky and grass.

Thanks for visiting my blog and if you have the time, I would really appreciate it if you are able to leave a comment .

9 comments:

  1. This really is such a pretty card, I love these colours, they are so lovely. Thank you so much for playing at Sweet Stampin. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic card, love the colours you have used. Thanks for joining us at the Creative craft challenge. Good luck. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is stunning - the colouring is fantastic and the colours you have chosen are beautiful.

    Thanks for joining us at Magical Crafts fortnightly challenge, please come back soon!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card it's beautiful and the yellow for the dress reminds me of the summer to come (I hope)
    Thanks for joining in at MCFC

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and such a sweet image! Thanks for taking part in the Magical Crafts challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so cute! Beautiful coloring and those flowers are so pretty. Great take on the sketch, it's beautiful.

    ~Chelsea
    Sweet Stampin Guest DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a gorgeous card, sweet image and fab colours.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, love the shades of yellow you have picked, and that image is so pretty, thanks for playing at MCFC, love Steph

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Tine, I love the fresh colours and those flowers are so pretty.

    Thank you for joining us for our sketch challenge over at Magical Crafts.

    Hugs

    Joanne xx

    ReplyDelete