Saturday 27 November 2010

A Fairy for All Seasons

















As I am sure most of you are aware, Mo’s Dream Team are on the lookout for a new member and have asked anyone interested in joining them to use their favourite Mo Manning image on the card they are entering for the challenge. The choice! I could have been there for a week just contemplating which one to use! The fact that I have eventually chosen to use Finna would probably be of no surprise to anyone who has visited my blog before. No matter how many other wonderful images Mo has, Finna is special to me. I think it is her innocent expression as she toys with the water through her fingers…but whatever the reason I am drawn to her in particular, I am sure you will agree she is totally adorable. I know she is theoretically and in name, ‘Summer Fairy Finna’, but she can be so much more than that. I have had her playing with leaf boats in the autumn and now she is an Ice Fairy Princess sat at the frozen water’s edge talking to the fish trapped below the ice.



















To create the scene I drew a couple of fish and coloured the whole image with Promarkers other than her swim suit which I paper-pieced with a gorgeous new paper from Jak Heath which happily was just the colour I was looking for. Once dressed in her paper outfit, I added shading to it with Promarkers and touched her hair with Icicle & Star Dust Stickles.

The background paper was also on Jak Heath's site only a short while ago, and I printed that off for the side panels as well as behind the main image. I added torn vellum to the panels for snowy drifts but secured into position with my Stickles as this also made the snowdrifts sparkle in the sunlight. Well, I hope they do! LOL. The icicles dripping down are also vellum - embossed from the underside which not only gives them the perfect white finish but helps to shape them. These were later popped onto the card using silicone glue. They also run along the top of the side panels, even behind the centre panel so that there is interest even from the side. The frozen water is also vellum touched with glistening Stickles but into the glitter glue and a dash of Glossy Accents I added some Polar White Flower Soft for some snow lying on the frozen surface.


















Now, I think I have become totally addicted to these Marianne Creatable snowflakes. The ones today have been cut from vellum and acetate, each layer different from any other being highlighted with white gel pen and Stickles before layering together. I popped them not just onto the main part of the card but also one on a side panel and one to the back of the central panel for extra dimension.



















Well, I hope you all like my card today, and I certainly hope that the Dream Team does!  If you ladies would like to see the cards I have made so far using Mo Manning's images, they are on a slide show on my page at PCP whereas just about all my cards, including my 'Mo's' are on my page at CDAC.

Tine :)
............(Fingers crossed!)

Challenges for my card:

Mo’s Dream Team – use your favourite Mo Manning image
Simon Says Challenge – let it snow
Creative Cottage – untraditional Christmas colours
ABC – I for ice & snow
Fussy and Fancy - Christmas (not red and green)
Quixotic - not a square or rectangle
Tip Top – paper-piece/layers.

17 comments:

  1. Tine, this is just stunning, good luck I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.
    Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SPECTACULAR, Tine! I sooo hope you make the DT as you totally belong there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow just wow,
    I love this image,you have done such a sensational card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wooo weee this is just simply so stunning good luck with the Dt and thanks for joining us at the creative cottage huggies lindyloo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow wow wow Tine, this is just so magical and beautifully coloured as always...thanks for joining in with our DT call
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH My god Christine you have done it again, WOW she is beautiful, the whole card is stunning! Good luck with the DT call you so deserve it girl xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Breathtaking card, loving the background papers (wink) beautiful colouring work. thanks for entering our Dreamteam DT call

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Stunning!!!!!! Love the beautiful muted colors and the way you colored her, especially the hair!!!! Amazing card!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello your card is stunning.
    The image is beautifully colored and I like the colors.
    Beautiful!
    Hugs Karla

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello!

    Absolutely stunning! A beautiful and totally creative card! Love everything about it!

    Wishing you a day with sunshine!

    Barbara Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. goodluck with the dt post it's a wonderful card. I am unable to enter your card this week as our rules state max 6 challenges.Come back soon

    clare x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful! gorgeous card! thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp, hugs, Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning, Tine. Good luck, hun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE LOVE LOVE how you did the hair and wings. I agree, that image is so captivating. I like the way it captures weight and motion - it's very lifelike.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning Christine,,,,,,This is my favorite one until now,,,,,oh my Goodness.supberb

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow, this is awesome. Your colouring is beautiful. ur so talented. good luck!

    ReplyDelete